LSNF is here to provide critical legal aid to residents across the Florida Panhandle who were impacted by the devastation of Hurricane Michael. As the months and years progress, residents will need a variety of legal services, and through your help we aim to provide the following immediate needs to our service areas:
▪ Educate affected residents on their civil legal rights in a disaster
▪ Prevent wrongful evictions and answer Landlord-Tenant questions
▪ Help residents receive FEMA assistance, which may include temporary housing, home repair/replacement, other needs
▪ Help residents apply for SBA Disaster Loans
▪ Appeal improperly denied Disaster Unemployment applications
▪ Work with residents to replace important documents (ID, driver license, SS card, EBT, custody, immigration, deed, etc.)
▪ Answer questions on insurance claims
▪ Work with our partner agencies and other community services to refer residents as needed
▪ Help residents received food stamp (SNAP) and other essential income for life necessities
▪ Work with residents on Wage/Labor Theft Redress
▪ Respond to public agency requests for emergency rule modifications on health, human services, and utility concerns.
The LSNF Panama City office remains intact and will be opened as soon as we have power. Even as our staff faced losses, they are already on the ground, providing outreach and education on legal rights of those affected by the storm. They are responding to illegal evictions and other issues as those affected continue to call our Intake line, staffed by our other offices. As we as an LSNF family heal and respond, we look to our communities and supporters, near and far, to continue supporting the work we do. Now is the time to come together and protect our most vulnerable populations at their most vulnerable time. We cannot do this without you!
We ask you to consider supporting the work LSNF is and will continue to do to help residents affected by Hurricane Michael. Many of those impacted do not have access or the ability to hire an attorney. Giving to LSNF provides us the resources we need to help residents who need help navigating an often confusing legal system.
LSNF is the only full-service civil legal aid organization serving all 16 counties in the Florida Panhandle and our help is FREE to those eligible families. Counties in which LSNF provides services are listed below:
Legal Services of North Florida (LSNF) needs your help! We are here to provide critical legal aid to residents across the panhandle that were impacted by the devastation left after Hurricane Michael.
CALLING ALL ATTORNEYS
Are you an attorney? Want to help residents needing advice and legal services? Click below to sign up and learn more.