A recently concluded class action lawsuit against Heritage Propane (now AmeriGas) on behalf of more than 65,000 Floridians resulted in a judgment of more than $18 million. After the distribution efforts were concluded to the various class members, significant funds remained. The presiding judge, the Honorable Pamela Campbell, ordered the remaining funds be distributed to several Florida-based organizations who provide assistance to Floridians with home utilities and consumer matters. This included LSNF, who was awarded $110,033.38 at a check presentation last week. Read More.
- Dancing with the Stars Tallahassee Raises over $100,000 for LSNF
- Volunteers take the floor for equal access to justice
- Local Celebrities Hit the Dance Floor to Raise Money for LSNF!
- Kris Knab Honored with Exemplary Public Service Career Award
- Notes on Nonprofits: Volunteer Groups Mobilize Around Big Bend after Michael